- septembre 07, 2017New Wine Institute Video Series Celebrates “California Wines: Behind the Glass”
- août 21, 2017Celebrate California Wine Month in September
- juin 28, 2017California Wineries Offer Top Wine and Food Experiences Year-Round
- juin 08, 2017Winery Concerts, Festivals, Picnics and More: Great Ways to Experience California Wine Country this Summer
- mai 02, 20172016 California Wine Sales in U.S. Hit New Record: 238 Million Cases with Retail Value of $34.1 Billion
- avril 06, 2017Winners Announced for Third Annual California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards
- mars 27, 2017Raise a Glass to "Green" California Wines During Down to Earth Month in April
- mars 09, 2017Explore California’s Wine Regions on the Rise
- février 14, 2017California Wine Exports Reach Record $1.62 Billion in 2016
- janvier 05, 2017Explore Southern California on a California Wines Road Trip
- décembre 14, 2016Explore the Inland Valleys on a California Wines Road Trip
- novembre 15, 2016California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance (CSWA) Receives Drinks Business 2016 Green Award
- novembre 01, 2016Explore Monterey County on a California Wines Road Trip
- octobre 19, 20162016 California Winegrape Harvest: Early, Normal Yield, Exquisite Quality
- octobre 12, 2016Explore Paso Robles & San Luis Obispo on a California Wines Road Trip
- septembre 29, 2016Explore Santa Barbara on a California Wines Road Trip
- août 18, 2016Cheers to California Wine Month this September
- août 04, 2016California Wine Shows Strength in Challenging Economy: 2015 Annual Economic Impact Grows to $57.6 Billion in California, $114.1 Billion in U.S.
- juillet 11, 20162015 California Wine Sales in U.S. Hit $31.9 Billion Retail Value, 12% increase since 2010
- juin 28, 2016Explore Santa Cruz Mountains on a California Wines Road Trip
- juin 02, 2016California Wine Country and National Parks Centennial: The Perfect Summer Travel Pairing
- mai 19, 2016Explore Livermore on a California Wines Road Trip
- mai 02, 2016Second Annual California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards Announced
- mars 24, 2016Celebrate California Sustainable Winegrowing During Down to Earth Month in April
- mars 15, 2016Explore the Sierra Foothills on a California Wines Road Trip
- février 29, 2016California Wine Exports Set Record in 2015: Worldwide Demand Grows, Despite Strong Dollar
- février 16, 2016Explore Lodi on a California Wines Road Trip
- janvier 20, 2016Explore Lake County on a California Wines Road Trip
- décembre 03, 2015Explore Napa Valley on a California Wines Road Trip
- novembre 12, 2015Explore Sonoma County on a California Wines Road Trip
Join the Fun: Wine Events and Immersion Experiences
Offered Statewide and Beyond
SAN FRANCISCO —In September, ripe grapes hanging heavy on the vine, golden fall sunshine and air filled with fruity aromas can mean only one thing: it’s time for harvest! To launch the harvest season, wine regions and wineries across the Golden State will celebrate the 9th annual September California Wine Month—organized by California’s Wine Institute.
From innovative wine immersion experiences to cool wine events, September is an ideal time to visit wine country, when the creative energy of California’s artisan winegrowers and winemakers meet the grapes and the process of producing the next great vintage begins.
From Sept. 1-30, 2013, dozens of wineries in wine regions across California will host special consumer events and experiences celebrating the contributions of the state’s growers and vintners who are committed to earth- and people-friendly sustainable practices in vineyards and wineries.
Can’t make it to wine country this fall? A great way to experience many of California’s wine regions in one stop is Wine Institute’s “California Wines Road Trip” multi-region tasting events in New York City and San Francisco. In New York City, Friday the 13th will be a lucky day for wine lovers who can sample wines at California Wine Merchants from 5–7:30 p.m. Later in the month, they can attend a ticketed New York City tasting event with more than 70 wines from 10 California regions at the Astor Center on Monday, Sept. 16 from 6–8 p.m. (click here for information and tickets); and enjoy in-store tastings that will take place throughout September across Manhattan and Brooklyn. In San Francisco, wine lovers can taste their way across the state’s regions on Saturday Sept. 21 from 2–5 p.m. in the Grand Hall of the Ferry Building, following its popular farmer’s market (click here for information and tickets).
For more information about California Wine Month and to purchase tickets for the California Wines Road Trip tastings, go to www.discovercaliforniawines.com/californiawinemonth.
About Wine Institute
Wine Institute is the association of 1,000 California wineries and wine-related businesses dedicated to enhancing the environment for the responsible production, consumption and enjoyment of wine. California is the fourth largest wine producer in the world, making 90 percent of all U.S. wine and three out of every five bottles enjoyed in the U.S. Each year, 21 million tourists visit wine regions throughout the state to explore and enjoy the wines, the cuisine and cultural offerings associated with California’s signature industry. September, during California Wine Month, is a great time to visit to experience the annual winegrape harvest first hand. Go to: www.discovercaliforniawines.com for more information.
# # #
NOTE TO EDITORS: The www.discovercaliforniawines.com/californiawinemonth link will be live in mid-July, 2013.